I am not trying to be arrogant or toot my own horn. I am trying to convey a message based on my personal experiences with the hopes of helping others. I succeed at almost anything I put my mind to, personally and professionally. For me to share my special sauce with you, I must first share some of these successes.
- I wanted to be an accountant. I went on to obtain my Bachelor's degree in accounting and received an academic award for being the top student in the class. I wanted to be a Certified Public Accountant (CPA). I studied and passed the exam after the first attempt. I wanted to help others pass the CPA exam. I began teaching the CPA review course.
- I wanted a Master's degree. I obtained my MBA.
- I wanted a Doctoral degree. I obtained my Doctorate in Accounting with a 3.98 GPA.
- I wanted to be the top finance person in my organization. I worked my way up the ladder and became the CFO of an organization in my 30s.
- I wanted to marry my husband and thankfully he also wanted to marry me. We have now been together almost 20 years.
- I wanted to sell Real Estate part-time so I could pay off all the student loans. I took the exam and passed after the first attempt.
- I came to the surreal realization that I wanted to use my gifts to serve my life's purpose by helping others. I found the most rigorous and accredited life coaching program I could and enrolled.
So here I am today.
I was born with this gift to talk to anyone, adapt to many different personalities and have extreme compassion for others. I use these character traits in all my relationships, both personal and professional. I am fortunate to be able to use both my left and right brain to be both creative and logical.
So, what does all of this mean for you?
First, I know it sounds cliché, but you can really do anything you set your mind to and I am a perfect example.
1. Want it.
Whatever you are striving for, you must want it. You must want it with every bit of your soul. I know this sounds dramatic but without this want, it is difficult to stay the course. Besides, why would you want to go for something you don't really want?
Believe in you. Believe in your abilities to accomplish whatever you set your mind to. We may not be confident in all our abilities but for this goal you so badly want, believe in you. Envision yourself in the future passing that exam, getting that job, marrying the love of your life, and so on. Envision it so clearly, it is like it has already happened.
No matter what, commit to the outcome. You don't have the resources; find out how you can get them (legally, of course). You don't have the time; make time. If something is this important to you, you will find the time. You don't have the skill set or knowledge; study, train, and practice.
Now that you know you want it, you believe in yourself, and you are committed, you should stay the course. Easier said than done, I know. When you see yourself swaying from the path to your success, remind yourself of why you wanted success in the beginning. Push yourself through the rough patches where things may seem tough or insurmountable. I never said success was easy or rainbows and unicorns. I have had trying times where I have wanted to give up. There was a fire inside of me that no matter how bright always stayed lit. It was that flame that pushed me to the finish line.
5. Follow through.
You are a success!
Sounds great hearing that, right?
You have succeeded at something because you wanted it, you believed in yourself, you were committed, and you stayed focused. Now, make sure you take the proper time to stay in the present moment to acknowledge and reward your achievement(s). Follow-up by staying relevant in whatever your success is. This could mean staying present and attentive in a marriage or relationship. It could mean signing up for continuing education or training in a new field. Whatever it is, try and be your best self at whatever you are doing. It will make the journey so much more rewarding.
There will be many finish lines to cross in life. Cross them all by wanting it, believing it, being committed, staying focused and following through.
I can't wait to hear about your successes!
I am here for you if you'd like to work on your life's successes. If you'd like to read more articles, learn more about me, or how you can work with me, click on any of these links or go to happinessawakening.com.